There are specific situations in the Urban Forest that we encounter when your Urban Forest Arborist will recommend a Root Collar Excavation (RCX) service. Many times when we are planning to help a declining tree the “root” of the problem is below the ground.
Situations when a Root Collar Excavation (RCX) might be recommended:
- The need to expose lower trunks and roots without damaging the tree.
- Ability to complete a more thorough inspection and diagnosis.
- To apply soil amendments and enhancers below ground into the root system faster.
- Decompacting hard urban soils.
- Expose the buried root flare of the lower trunk on a tree that was planted too deep.
- Complete proper root pruning of girdling roots that will harm the tree.